Investor Retirement visa (subclass 405)

If you are a self-funded retiree with no dependents and you are willing to make an investment in an Australian State or Territory, you may be eligible for apply for a 405 visa. The 405 visa is a temporary visa which will allow you live in Australia during your retirement years. The visa can be extended in periods of four years if you are eligible for an extension.

A 405 visa allows you to:

How to apply for a 405 visa

You can apply for a 405 visa from outside Australia, and from inside Australia so long as you do not have a ‘No Further Stay’ condition on your Australian visa and you meet any other requirements for your onshore application. You must demonstrate that you satisfy prescribed criteria, including that:

Please note that the above list is not exhaustive and other criteria may apply. Please consult us for more details.

Sponsorship by a State or Territory

States and Territories have different requirements for sponsoring a person for a 405 visa. For information on the requirements, see Here for a list of the State and Territory websites (under ‘About this visa’ and ‘Before you apply’).

How we can help with your 405 visa application

If you believe that you may be eligible to an Investor Retirement visa, our experienced Immigration Lawyers and Registered Migration Agents can advise you your eligibility as well as the requirements for sponsorship by a State or Territory Government agency. We can also advise on your eligibility to extend a 405 visa at the end of the duration of your visa, and your eligibility for permanent residency investor visas if you are interested in migrating to Australia permanently. For further information and advice, please schedule a consultation with one of our experienced solicitors and Migration Agents.

This page provides a summary of the 405 visa as at May 2015. Australian immigration law is complex and it changes rapidly. We therefore recommend that you contact us to confirm the requirements for a 405 visa and consult with one of our Solicitors and Registered Migration Agents.

Let us help you. Phone: +61 2 8268 4000 or Book a conference